Thursday, January 8

Albertsons Trip #1 - 1/8/09

I will entitle this "Trip #1" because, believe me, I am not done with Albertsons yet. To the contrary - I am just warming up. Ha ha!

What I really want to get during this Albertson's sale is Pampers diapers. I was severely in need of another diaper restocking sale and here is the jackpot. My problem was how to do it without outlaying a cool $30 for the first three packs. I decided to try and plan a grocery transaction before getting my diapers so as to reduce my out of pocket costs to as little as possible.


Transaction #1

11 Cheerios (multi-grain, regular, honey nut)
4 Betty Crocker Instant potatoes
1 Progresso soup
Total before coupons - $30.68
Total after coupons - $19.58

Received $15 in coupons to roll into the next transaction

Transaction $2

3 Pampers diapers

Total before coupons - $32.33
Total after coupons (including $15 catalinas) - $13.33
Total of 67% savings this trip

Received another $15 in coupons PLUS another catalina for $5 off my next baby care purchase (bonus!). Yeah, because you know I am going back for six more packs of Pampers (to match my 6 more Pampers coupons).

Just a note to those of you in NW Las Vegas - don't bother going to the Albertson's on Farm & Durango for Multi-Grain Cheerios or Size 4 Pampers. Cause they were cleared out before I got there. It wasn't me, I promise. You guys are catching on to the whole saving-money-thing, aren't you?

And here's a couple of my tips for you to save the most on your Albertson's shopping trips:

Tip #1: Do what I did and try to make your first transaction as low out of pocket as possible. The lower the cost here the better off you are, because you are still going to get the $15 in coupons. So why not do the transaction with the most coupon savings first (like I did) then roll your $15 into higher priced items (like the diapers.)

Tip #2: Go ahead and do multiple transactions during your visits to the grocery store. Some people ask me how many trips I make. I make one; I just make it count. I will place everything for one transaction on the belt, then I will place a divider between my orders. It's that simple. I get asked if you can do that (yes you can!) and if the cashiers get mad (maybe annoyed sometimes, but they really shouldn't).

2 comments:

Stacie said...

You go girl! I'm on trip #1 too...there will be many more cause this sale is too good!

Laura H said...

Ok ,I did my Albertson trip and they turned out great.
But whats up with not be able to find any P&G coupons? My mom gives me her paper (N Las Vegas), I get the paper at work (S.east side) and I get my neighbors (Henderson). None of these had the P&G coupons in it. What deal with the devil do I need to make to get them????