Wednesday, December 31

Let's make 2009 the best it can be!

Awhile ago some of you may have noticed a new left-hand sidebar appear on this blog, alerting you to my partnership with Grocery Smarts. I am very excited about the possibilities that 2009 hold, especially being able to help you save even more money by teaching classes on how to use your coupons and Grocery Smarts effectively, as well as getting you a reduced rate on the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

For the record, I do follow my own advice:
  • I use Grocery Smarts to plan my shopping trips.
  • I am now using the Grocery Smarts 5-minute couponing technique to save me TONS of time.
  • I purchased multiple copies of the RJ through the Grocery Smarts partnership to save money on subscriptions AND get loads of coupons.
  • I take advantage the other many deal opportunities that I post here, including Restaurant.com deals, online sales, and CVS trips.
  • And as you can see by my tally on the left-hand side, since I started calculating in July I have saved over $2500!

My husband is astonished at our progress in saving money, cutting down on expenditures, and by my overall growth in educating myself about ways to save money in our everyday lives using coupons, sales, and my own common sense.

I want this for you too! If you sometimes feel overwhelmed by the amount of information on this blog and don't know where to begin OR you have been at this awhile but are still looking for ways to cut down on your family expenses - book a Grocery Smarts class with me.


So what is Grocery Smarts?
Many shoppers who want to save money at the grocery store spend hours scouring over the ads and digging through piles of coupons to find what matches up. Grocery Smarts puts an end to all of that craziness and simply matches local store ads to current coupons (found in the Sunday paper) in an easy to use list. The list is updated each week as new ads are released and even links you instantly to any online printable coupons that are out there. Using an easy "5 Star" rating system, the list even tells you which deals are the BEST deals! And, the greatest part about these lists is they are free! Free for anyone to use, anytime... and you don't even have to register or fork over your email address to use the service. Nice, huh?

How can I learn how to use the lists?
The best way to learn how to use the store lists is to attend a class. If you haven't ever been invited to one, consider hosting your own. In-home classes work the best, so grab your friends and family to attend and contact me to book one anytime!

What's a class like?
Classes generally last about an hour (depending on how chatty we get). In that time, I teach you the benefits of shopping the sales, show you how to do it, and give you recommendations on how to stay organized. It's not complicated or difficult to learn because the list does all the hard work for you.

How much time will I have to spend clipping coupons?
Virtually none! Seriously, the Grocery Smarts big wigs came up with literally a "5 minute" method that'll keep you organized, yet not feeling overwhelmed. You only cut what you need, when you need it!

Is it really worth it?
It is for me (and lots of my friends and family)! My budget is in good check and my pantry is full. My favorite part about shopping this way is I actually get to buy nicer brands. No more generics for me... nothing beats a name brand item when it's on sale and has a coupon to boot! Plus, my hubby has noticed and gets as excited as I do about my savvy shopping, especially the shopping trips ones where I save more than I spent.

So... What's the catch?
Several other similar online shopping services charge users a monthly membership fee to access their coupon matching service. However, in an effort to be a head above the rest, the founders of Grocery Smarts didn’t think charging a monthly fee to families who are trying to save money made any sense at all. They started thinking outside the box and realized that regardless of what service you use, in order to shop smart and to do it right, you need multiple sets of coupons from the Sunday paper. They thought, "Why charge a fee to the user… when the newspaper sits right in the middle directly benefiting from the concept we teach?" So, the Grocery Smarts big wigs presented their concept to the Review Journal. They quickly realized that when we teach our classes, we naturally refer new subscribers to the paper. So, you can imagine how quickly they jumped on the opportunity to open their market up to moms like us who typically wouldn't be getting the paper at all.

So here's the long and short of it... At the class, as I teach you the concept of shopping smart and show you how you can use the website to save money at the store. And, because having the right amount of coupons (1 set for each person in your household) is such a key part of saving big, it makes sense for me to hook you up with the papers you need at the class. I offer the Review Journal at amazing prices to anyone not currently taking the paper, plus can get you up to 4 more additional Sunday papers delivered to your door for less than a buck a week! And that's why the class is free... I make money based on how many new subscriptions I turn into the Review Journal. So, I guess we can all thank them for stepping up, getting involved and helping Grocery Smarts keep the classes and website FREE for everyone!

***

So now that you know what Grocery Smarts is; and you know it's FREE; and letting me teach you how to do it is FREE - what's holding you back?? Call or email me (my contact information is on the left-hand side) to set-up a class at your convenience for you and your friends or family. Let's start early to make 2009 the best year of savings it can be for you and your family!

No comments: