Friday, August 7

Shopping Success Stories!

I love, love, LOVE hearing stories from people who have attended my Grocery Smarts classes and are now on the road to saving big at the grocery stores. Here is one to inspire you today:


I attended your Grocery Smarts class last month. I wanted to share my most recent savings. I am really proud! I went to Albertsons' and spent $6.16 on groceries valued at $64.37 which is a 88% savings!!!! I did 2 separate transactions. I had $26.96 in coupons and saved $29.53 in store incentives. I went to Smiths' as well and spent $6.29 on groceries valued at $65.45 which is a savings of 91%!!!!! I only did 1 transaction and had $31.03 in coupons and $28.13 in store incentives. I am so glad (my friend) introduced me to Grocery Smarts. Our family has saved so much and I have only been using it for about 1 month or so. Thanks so much for teaching me the ins and outs of Grocery Smarts. ~ Amy

Great job Amy!! Keep it up!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - I just found your site and was looking at the transaction one of your students did at Smiths. I was puzzled and looked again at teh Grocery Smarts site and found that there's no way she would have spent only $6.29 on those groceries using the coupons listed on the GS spreadsheet for this week. The 2 goldfish (.99ea), 2 eggo ($1ea), milk ($1.98)and puffs tissues (.61ea) would have added up to more than her her final total.

I have taken a class and thought that following the GS list per your post would get me that result, since no other discounts were mentioned.

Thanks in advance,
Lisa

Sarah Kay said...

Lisa, good questions! I know there was a milk coupon available and Eggo had printable coupons the week before; maybe she had printed them out beforehand and stored them. She also mention store incentives, which can be unique for each person so I can't speak to specifics.

Following the Grocery Smarts website WILL save you money, no doubt, but being able to combine some Advanced Couponing techniques (like knowing where to get extra coupons and how to roll transactions using store incentives) will save you even more.

Lila said...

I wish this were me. Honestly, I am a bit frustrated. I guess I haven't gotten the hang of it yet.